Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen...we have movement!



Yes, that's right! On Thursday, December 4th, I officially, without a doubt felt Baby Ellis move for the first time!
I was working at Dad's (Craig's) office, filling in for his secretary. The day had kind of slowed down so I was reading some news articles on the internet, when Baby Ellis decided it was time to make his/herself known. It was not just a little tap or "gas bubble" feeling as they say, no this was a statement! With one huge sweeping motion of a limb (foot or fist, I don't know), Baby Ellis pushed from the left side of my stomach, all the way to right! It about took my breath away. What kind of statement this young fetus was trying to make, I don't know. One friend thought he/she was swooping his/her arm from one side to the other as if to say "Ta-Da! I'm here!" Jason thinks it was merely the youngster practicing his/her Agassi backhand or Crosby slapshot. No matter what the child is trying to tell us, one thing is for sure...he/she IS there! And that's a very comforting and exciting feeling!

I had heard that I would feel the baby much sooner than anyone else would be able to, so I didn't have my hopes up that Jason would be able to feel any thing just yet. However, last night, while we were laying in bed, Baby Ellis was on the move, so I grab Jay's hand and he was able to feel a few tiny kicks! Yet another wonderful feeling! I feel like it made things even more real to Jay...well, that and the fact that my waistline is expanding by the second!

Hope you enjoy the 18 week photos! T-minus 2 weeks until we know the sex of the baby!

No comments: