Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Telling the Grandparents

So how do you tell your parents that you're going to have a baby?

Well, we decided to tell my parents over dinner, but I didn't necessarily want to just come out and say it. We thought it would be neat to give them a gift that would indicate that they were going to be grandparents. I wanted to do a Christmas ornament that said "Grandma & Grandpa" or something like that, but unfortunately I couldn't find anything like that at Hallmark. So we decided to go with some pacifiers neatly wrapped in a gift bag.

We sat down at the table and handed my parents the gift bag saying, "We got you a little something today." As soon as my mom pulled out the pacifiers, my dad about fell out of his chair. They were both speechless! We all got a little teary and exchanged hugs all around.

After dinner, we went to my parents house to make some other important calls. We debated on whether or not to tell Jason's parents, as we are going to see them in 2 weeks and thought about telling them in person. But we just could not wait! Jason's parents were thrilled as well! We also called Bonbon & Grumps, Lez and Jim, Aunt Jana, and Alex (Uncle Alex, that is!). All were excited for the happy news!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Aunt Kathy waited a whole 15 seconds before she started calling the family:)