Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pregnant!

That's right! We're having a baby!

Yesterday (7-29-2008) was the day I found out! When I first got the official word, I had many mixed emotions. 2 days ago, we learned that Jason had won his first company trip with Edward Jones and it is scheduled for the first week of February 2009. I had been charting my waking temperature for 2 months and my temperature was supposed to shift downward this morning but instead it shifted upward. I decided, "what the heck," I'll take a pregnancy test just to be sure I'm not, because being pregnant could affect this trip. As soon as I looked at the test, I could see a faint line emerging, but it stayed faint. So I wasn't sure how to read that. I called my best friend, Sheena, and she said the same thing happened to her when she was pregnant! With that, it was off the doctor's! I had to know TODAY to be able to tell Jason that we may have to reschedule our trip. After waiting about 10 minutes, they called me back to the lab and Dr. Park greeted me with a smile and his pen pointed to the test results on a paper..."Positive." He said "Congratulations," and I wasn't sure what to think! I was excited, but what would Jason think. I was so nervous to tell him, but I called Sheena, asked for her to pray and headed to his office.

The minute I walked in to his office, I burst into tears (I probably scared him). I said I was sorry but that I just came from the doctor's and that I was pregnant. He responded in the most perfect way possible. Teary eyed, he said "why would I be mad? Wow! That's wonderful!" It was a perfect moment. Thankfully, we should still be able to go on our trip and be back with plenty of time for the baby to arrive. "IT" is due April 7, 2009 and we couldn't be more excited!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hey Sarah! How exciting! Congratulations! I think the way you chose to tell your family was really cute. I hope you are feeling good so far!

ellika said...

Sarah!
I love you so much and I am so excited about my new grandbaby. Everyone at work was thrilled for me. I love this blog idea. It's going to be so fun to read all that is happening. I will feel like I'm closer even though I feel so far away! The way you told your parents was absolutely the best. I can see your Dad falling off the chair! I bet your Mom is making the baby something cute right away. I can't wait to start my buying spree for the little Ellis!