Sunday, March 22, 2009

32 weeks and growing!



Yes, only 8 weeks to go! We can hardly believe it! We had a good appointment on Thursday of last week, doctor said everything is right on track. The baby is CONSTANTLY moving, which I guess is a good sign since Jason is already planning her future as a tennis star. She is pretty good about giving me a break at night though. Maybe that means she'll sleep through the night at 6 weeks like her daddy (haha, I know all you mothers out there are thinking "yeah right!" but it's true!).
I recently had to give up my tennis playing days until little Norah arrives. That was a sad day, but for the best, as my last match left me frustrated for not being able to get to the ball as quickly. The brain wanted to get there and told the legs to move, but the belly wouldn't let it happen. And man, my opponents had NO mercy on the pregnant lady! I'm happy to say that I'm still able to workout though. I feel very blessed that I've been able to keep active and have had a healthy pregnancy the whole way!
The nursery is quickly filling up with beautiful little girl things from grandmas and grandpas. It's neat to see how excited they are, I can't wait to see what they'll do when she's actually here!
Jason and I attended our first of 3 prenatal classes on Saturday. This class was an 8 hour class on "Preparing for Childbirth." Although, there were some things that we thought were a little "new age-y," we learned A LOT about what to expect and how to handle that exciting day. We also feel blessed that we will be delivering at such an amazing facility (Jason says Grandma Ellis will to want to transfer to work here!). We were able to take a tour of the Labor & Delivery rooms, Nursery, and Recovery rooms, and they are top notch! The nurses who led the class informed us that Mom and Dad will receive a "Celebration Dinner" after the baby is born consisting of filet mignon, lobster and shrimp, twice baked potatoes, sparkling cider, and a "birthday" cake! As they were telling us this, Jason looked at me and said "they are joking right?" Oh no, that's just how they like to do things at Dupont. So funny!
Thank you all for your continued prayers and support! She'll be here before we know it!

1 comment:

LaToya said...

It's almost time. We are so excited for you guys. At our hospital we had a dinner like that as well but minus the cake. Matt got the steak and lobster :). Anyways, can't wait to meet Norah. Good luck w/everything and we'll be praying for a fast and easy delievery.